Are you drowning in emails? Do you never seem to have enough time to answer all your daily emails? If so, you are not alone.
To make life easier, why not automate your email responses? Email automation has a lot of uses and it can come in really handy! Today, we are going to explore several different email automation tools.
We will learn the pros and cons of each one and find out which one is the best. So, let’s get started learning more about these very helpful tools! You just might be surprised at just how easy they can be to use.
Responding To Emails Manually
Before we dive into email autoresponder tools, let’s take some time to consider responding to emails manually. There are a few positive things that can be said about manually answering emails and a few negatives.
As you already know, this method is very slow and can take you hours depending on how full your email box is. A great way to reduce that workload is by hiring a virtual assistant to do the job for you.
On the other hand, having to manage another employee may come with headaches of its own. It is really something you should consider before hiring outsourced workers. Below we will look at the pros and cons of outsourcing your emails.
- It adds a more personal touch to each email.
- It gives you more control over your email.
- Allows you to quickly make changes to your email responses.
- Can be outsourced to a virtual assistant.
- Takes more time to manually write each email response.
- Is more expensive than automation.
- Is prone to human error which is not easy to control.
Mailchimp is the first email autoresponder tool that we are going to take a look at. This software program has been around for many years. It is a cloud-based service that has gained a lot of popularity over the years.
It was first developed in 2001 by a ground of developers as a side project. But this side project turned into something much bigger. It is now the choice of many email marketers, but might not be the ultimate best.
However, for those on a budget, it might be a viable option for those just starting out. Mailchimp just like any email automation tool has its pros and cons which we will learn more about below.
- Has a low monthly cost.
- Is very easy to implement even by those not familiar with automation tools.
- Has advanced features that are easy to use.
- Customer support can be hit or miss.
- Complicated pricing plans.
Getresponse is a great email marketing app that can do a wide range of tasks. It will allow you to manage imported email lists, construct newsletters, fully automate your email responses, and analyze email statistics.
It is a great tool to have and it was developed with the email marketer in mind. Plus, it has a lot of features that you can use to your advantage. A bit more pricey than some of the tools on this list, Getresponse can be out of some people’s price range.
On the other hand, it does have a lot of value for the money. Just like all the other tools in this review, Getresponse has its pros and cons that we will learn more about below.
- Perfect for the email marketer.
- Much cheaper than other similar email marketing tools.
- Has a ton of features that you can use to enhance your email marketing campaign.
- It does not come with phone support.
- Pricing structure is confusing.
- The interface for drafting emails is difficult to learn.
Another email automation tool that many people like to use is Aweber. Aweber is one of the oldest autoresponders on the market today. In fact, Aweber claims that they invented the autoresponder back in 1998.
You would think being in the automation game would make Aweber the best in the industry but sadly it’s not. While it is still a great tool, there are some things that it lacks.
For example, some of the templates they use are a bit out of date. But for the money, this is a pretty good email automation tool to have. For more information on the pros and cons of Aweber, check out the information below.
- Very easy to use and learn.
- Reporting features are excellent.
- Importing email lists is a breeze.
- Their prices are competitive.
- Allows you to integrate third party apps and tools.
- Poor RSS email templates.
- Templates are dated which may turn off some people.
- Basic e-newsletter design.
Last, but certainly not least, we have Activecampaign. This amazing email automation tool comes with tons of features that you will love!
Activecampaign makes it easy to build emails and automate them. This tool allows you to upload your email list and helps you manage it with ease. It has easy to understand reporting and some of the best customer service around.
Below are the pros and cons of this now widely popular email automation tool. Make sure you check this one out!
- Easy to use email builder.
- Amazing reporting feature that has easy to understand tracking.
- Free account migration services.
- Integrates with just about any third party application.
- An active support team that quickly responds to your questions.
- Highly affordable especially when you take into account how many features you get.
- A small learning curve for those just starting out.
- The interface can be a bit slow.
After taking all of these tools into consideration, it is safe to say that Activecampaign is the best one for your money. Not only is it one of the most popular around, but it also has loads of features that will come in handy!
While it is a little pricey, it is really worth the extra money because you get so much stuff. Hands down, this is one of the best email marketing tools to have.